Friday, March 28

YEE HAW!

So she had pony pics done. Yea, you read it right PONY (small horse) PICS (photos). Daisy's preschool has regular school pictures and then pony pics every year. When I saw the flyer and reminders for them I was like, "huh?" I mean we already had the school pictures done, what are these? And it was exactly as they said. When we arrived that day (of course I had forgotten it was this day cause I had brushed off the entire idea) there the pony was...in the front yard of the church with a line of children waiting to have their pics taken. Honestly, I think I thought it would be a fake horse. I really did. But no! And that day Daisy had pics taken. When I went to pick her up that day I saw the man loading up the pony...in the back of a conversion van. Like the big vans, but smaller than a 15 passenger. HA. He (the pony, not the man) just hopped right in there and the man closed the double doors in the back. Why does that (and this whole scenario) crack me up??? Crazy. I am smiling as I type!




Anywho, Tuesday the proofs were back. I saw them. And they were cute. But, I didn't realize they dressed up the children as COWKIDS. HA! So lil' Daisy was all decked out in the pics with cowgirl poses and everything! I thought, "We will not be buying these at 6 bucks a pop/20 bucks for all 4! We are too cheap for that." And I fully intended on returning them. But then Daniel saw them. And loved them. And used his "fun money" to buy them. And now that I look at them they are pretty stinkin' cute. And I am glad we are keeping them too. So I had to share with you! :) (I am just glad they didn't have her posing with a GATOR! You never know around here!)




Please enjoy!





Howdy!


I teh you whut, it's been a long day here in the ol' saddle. Whoo-weee. I'm go-na sit riiight here and jus ponder with my hand a restin' on my forearm.

12 comments:

Rachel Warren said...

Oh my goodness! I'm laughing so hard! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of her with her arm resting on the saddle. HILARIOUS!! Only in Florida!! :) Those would never have been taken in AL!

emily said...

i am cracking up..... i'm glad daniel bought the pics-- definitely one for the wedding reception slideshow one day!!!! :) you never cease to make me laugh hysterically when i read your blog!

TDavis said...

You are so right! That is so weird that they had random horse picture day. I have an irrational fear of horses, regardless of the size, so I would've probably ran screaming from the scene. However, loading the horse up into a tiny van like some kind of clown car is downright HYSTERICAL. I'm so glad you bought the pics-think of the endless hours of laughter you will get from them. The last one is a girdle-buster for sure!

I must admit, we do have Big Al come to the preschool here for pictures but we do live in a college town.

melanie said...

Tesney, I would consider driving to Ttown to have my kids pics taken with Big Al. So no stones are thrown here!

sonyagraykey said...

I LOVE those!! Mel, she really is cuter all the time. Dan's going to have to "beat them off with a stick" as my AL folks say. ;)

Dallas said...

I had pictures made like that of me when I was little and in pre-school. My mom bought the pics even though we had zero money. I always loved looking at them when I was little.

Anna said...

ride em cowboy

Julie said...

Melanie,
We've never really met. But I am friends of your in-laws. Actually my family goes to University Church in Tuscaloosa. I have been lurking on your blog for a while now and I enjoy keeping up with your family. I love the pony pics. I must reply to Tesney's comment. Yes we do have Big Al come every year to preschool but we also have Pony Ride Day, as well. Complete with pictures. Now they aren't as fancy as Daisy's pics. We don't have any tassles, chaps or fake fences but we do have cowboy hats and donkeys. The kids love it! I actually think Maureen started that tradition.

The Shirley's said...

Mel, These pictures are priceless. I love them!

Sarah said...

Daisy is ready for her senior pics, especially with that last pose! love them.

Cristie said...

Aghh! It's been so long, glad I stumbled upon your blog. Your kiddos are adorable and you look great. We were in ATL last weekend & I saw Scott & your mom. I am preggos, lil girl, Lola due July 4th!

amber said...

Those pictures are priceless! So glad Dan talked you in to buying them. You are going to have many, many laughs over them through the years.

I'm gonna get some new pictures up tonight on my blog. Think it's about time? :)

You will be moving soon right?!

I want to call and chat soon.