Saturday, August 23

Meet "Doug"

OK...this is random. But funny. Well, funny to us. If you don't think so, it's ok. I understand. But I have to record this in case it takes. :) So Daisy was playing in the kitchen and I came in carrying Isaac who had just gotten up from sleeping. At our house we usually gasp and greet those we see in the morning with a perky "I-am-so-glad-to-see-you-sweet-baby-boy/girl." It usually goes something like this...

"BUGGY! BUG BUG! GOOD MORNING! ARE YOU AWAKE? DID YOU HAVE A GOOD NIGHT/NAAE-UP (nap)? WELL GOODNESS SWEET BOY..." you get the picture.

Well, today Daisy exclaims, "Well hey DUG!" Which to us sounds like "Doug" and we are looking around the kitchen for some breaking-and-entering grown man. But no...she means Isaac. Cracking us up! So now his new nick name is DOUG (No offense to anyone with this name. But that just doesn't sound as my-sweet-precious-baby-boy as "Bug" did.).

Isaac will thank Daisy for this later when we are cheering him on in whatever he does in High School (football? track? math team?) and we are all yelling, "GO DOUG!!!!" :)

3 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Cute! Can Isaac still wear a 12-month shirt? I went through Wesley's clothes this week and pulled out a ton of stuff he's outgrown (the skinny kid is still wearing a lot of 18 month shorts). Wes has a 12-month shirt that simply says BUG really big on the front. We're given a lot of bug stuff with Michael being an Entomologist. I thought of that shirt way back when you first posted about calling Isaac "Bug." I'll have to bring it to you. Anna Kate still fits in her 6 month Robeez! For such small and fit people, you created a Sumo baby!!

khovater said...

Tell me you are going to be in town the week after Christmas??? We're coming with Steven's fam for the week and I am dying to see you guys!! Will you be in town?

sonyagraykey said...

Ok, I'm lol, but seriously, "hooch" didn't stick, so maybe "doug" will pass as well. :)