Thursday, August 28

Worth the Wedgie (and other assorted pics)...

Well we have a cool YMCA less than a mile from our house. Being that we are new to town and don't have much of a social life...we frequent the Y (this is a slight understatement). We love the workout facilities, the childcare, the classes but most all....we love the POOL and zero grade Splash Zone thing they have. Daisy LOVES the slide. It's called the Red Rocket. When you see Daisy after one ride you may say to yourself, "Red Rocket INDEED!" She loves it SO MUCH in fact...that she will bare this....




for this...


WOWZERS!!!! I have asked her if it hurt, if I can fix it...and she never slows down enough for me to get to it. I have fixed it once...and it returned to wedgie central not long after. :) HA! I guess if she doesn't mind I don't either. Until I start getting "looks" from the other moms who see it... :)



Isaac at the pool...see the afternoon storm approaching?




_____________________

In other news...
Daisy started pre-school at a church not far from here (She call it High School). She has Mrs. Rachdan...and loves her. She came by before school started for a home visit. It was so cool to meet her ahead of time! And she brought Daisy her school bag that we had to decorate before the first day. What fun! Daisy goes Tues/Thurs am. Isaac and I turn to errand running fools while she is gone to school. :) Today was the first day we got "family project" that we have to complete and return to school. Pretty neat idea.

(Pics taken her first week of school...guess above is the model pose?)
_______

More random...
Here is what was "added" while my family was here. We got to decorate some...and here are some parts that got spiffed up. We got the furniture and lamps from IKEA (AWESOME!). The rest is junk I had. The frames were cheap and I have printed some pics I have taken of the kids and turned them sepia...and put those in there. Added personal touch (I think that was Courtney Steeds idea...Way to go!).
This is what we wound up doing under that window in the den. (above)


Daisy's added decor...

This is in the foyer.

11 comments:

The Bowers Family said...

Ok I must say that I love the new blog skin. Looks like a little digi-scrapping. I think I will also be adding a little IKEA trip to my Orlando weekend. We bought Sea World passports so maybe we can hook up for a day trip some other time. Got my MOPS letter this week and was a little said not to see your name but I am sure this year will be great too. I am also so jealous about the Y, just shows you have some perks when dealing with all the crazy tourists around you year round. Have a great holiday weekend.

Lark said...

When are you going to quit bragging about your awesome Y pool? When you stop being bitter about missing us? Hahah, just kidding. Perhaps you are just trying to invite us down for a visit. Looks like Dais is enjoying school, and your house looks very Ikeaish :o)
Love the rusty muffin pan decor Daisy added for you, not as Ikeaish, but plenty Jonesish.
Love you and miss you!

Baby Hayden's Blog said...

1- Daisy's wedgie is hilarious!
2-Isaac is adorable
3-I LOVE the Ikea furniture and the way you decorated that area. Looks great!
4- I will be headed to YMCA next week, I already looked into it! I'm sure we'll be spending alot of time there too!

Brittany said...

That wedgie picture is pricless! I loved it and I also loved all your decorating! Looks great..Go Mel!

Michael and Hannah said...

Definitely worth the wedge! Love your decorating.

sonyagraykey said...

Love the decorating. And the wedgie. And! the model pose. She's ready for her catalog photo shoot. :) L. has already made 2 thank you cards for her...another is pending. I'll mail them in a big envelope so that she gets a "package." Miss y'all!

Jessica said...

I can't believe Daisy goes down that slide all by herself! Jackson would NEVER do that alone! What a daredevil...I love it! Jackson just likes to "play it safe" Isaac is so cute...I bet you can't resist kissing those chubby cheeks :)

Anonymous said...

The new decor looks great! I knew you were creative. Love, Kristy Cox

Lindy said...

wedgie pic and model pose are priceless!!! Issac has the most kissable chubby cheeks!!! Glad you guys found a fun place to hang out while it's hot outside!

Bellamarin said...

Mel,

I went to my first new MOPS meeting today and it was fun but not as fun as ours. Oh and my discussion group leaders name is Melanie too. I miss you and all the old MOPS girls!

The Wagners said...

Love the water park...I mean Y pool. That's awesome. What do the workout facilities look like...AMAZING I'm sure.

Daisy's wedgie is hilarous. Riley didn't seem to mind the life jacket wedgie she got either and I took the same picture.

Ummm LOVE the furniture...will you come decorate my house. I need HELP! Miss ya...K