Tuesday, October 21

Daisy said...





-----Last night Daisy and I were laying in her bed and going thru the bedtime routine. I said a prayer and ended it with "...in Jesus name, Amen."
Daisy: Mom! You just turned off your prayer and I have not prayed yet. Say it again, but this time don't turn it off so I can talk too.
HA! I guess by saying "amen" I cut her off somehow! Cracks me up!
------"Careful Mama. You almost stepped in that rain pile (puddle)."
-
------"Mom, this shirt has puffy wings. You know, not like Butterfly wings but like shirt wings." (She meant sleeves.)
------She is the "OMG Police"...
Daisy: GASP! "MAMA! Your friend just said 'oh my gosh!' "
Me (sheepishly): Thank you Daisy. But she is an adult and she can say what she wants. YOU on other hand...can't.
-
------"Mom, it's getting dark. So somewhere in the world...it's getting light."
-
------Sometimes she has bad dreams from the bad queens or witches in books/disney books/whatever (despite our trying to avoid them). One night Daniel went in to talk to her when she had a bad dream.
Daisy: Dad I had a bad dream. And when I close my eyes I have bad thoughts.
Dan: Let's think about good things. Like...playing in the sprinkler, ...that "whirly twirly thing" you like at the park, ....oh, like the Shamu roller coaster in the kids area at Sea World....
Daisy: ....and like God and Jesus?
Dan: Yes, like God and Jesus. Actually that is the best thing you can think about.
(conversation continues...Dan wraps it up and begins to leave the room.)
Daisy: Dad? How about riding the Shamu roller coaster WITH God and Jesus?
Dan: Great.

-
-
------"Dad, when I get older am I going to get married?"
Dan: Yes.
Daisy: Can I marry you?
Dan: Well, we will see. But I am already married to Mama.
Daisy: Oh.... Dad, who can I marry?
Dan: You will meet a man someday that will be so sweet, think about others and love God that you can marry.
(a few moments pass, furrowed brow of thinking...)
Daisy: Dad, Eric doesn't have a wife. (Eric Brown, our minister and good friend at our previous church in Gainesville)
Dan: Nope, he doesn't.
Daisy: I think I will just marry him when I get to be a big girl.
Dan: Ok Dais. :)
(a few days pass...)
Daisy: Mom, I think I am just going to live with you and Dad when I get married.
Mom: Ok Daisy, that's great with us. ;)

(But...tough break EB...)
-
-------Dan took Daisy to the bathroom (in the Mens) in Target. While in the stall and man accidently tried to get into their stall. Daisy said, "DAD! SOME ONE JUST TRIED TO GET IN HERE!...AND IF HE HAD...HE WOULD HAVE SEEN MY PRIVACY!!"
-
------"Mom look! I am pumping my legs and swinging myself! I am so proud of myself!"
-
------She calls JeJe (my mom) "Jeeg" and Mimimo (Dan's mom) "Meem." I guess those words were just too long for her. :)
-
------I hear my very voice from her every day since she says all the words I didn't know I said:
like totally, seriously, usually, just chillin', actually, here's the deal (from JeJe), freakin' out, losing my mind, havin' a melt down, sweet precious baby boy, and it's so hard to be Isaac/Daisy, hilarious!, isn't this so cute?, ...and so on. She has also picked up "perhaps" from somewhere (maybe Maurine?). It's a humbling experience to have a little tape recorder around.

-----
Oh man...this is a stage of constant hilarious comments. I mean we have actually been in this stage for a while and I am sure it continues. We laugh all the time. I have to take this time to talk about my sweet precious Daisy. (SO you can skip this part if you are skimming...) She is so sweet. She really wants to please us. She wants us to be happy with her. And if we aren't she will usually do what it takes to make that happen. She is so helpful with Isaac. She is so loving with him. She takes care of him, wants to help when he cries, calls him "buddy" sometimes (like we do), plays so sweet with him, and is sure to let me know when he is into something he isn't supposed to be. Daisy is very social and loves to meet new people and make new friends. So she has really missed her Gainesville friends since our move. But we are slowly making some new friends. She is great helping out...cleaning up, cooking dinner with me, etc. She LOVES to do crafts (cut, glue, stickers, color...you name it!). I hope that means she will be artsy like me. :) Then we can craft together (...we do some now...but I mean later). She LOVES to dress up...which means every day her room looks like her closet has vomitted on the floor. She changes SEVERAL times a day. No matter the weather, the size or the comfort...she tries it on. I have to say that she has shown some promise style-wise...it's just the matching deal we have not mastered. Lots of prints on prints. And she loves the one pair of pink panty hose she has. They are donned EVERY day. She LOVES princesses, Dora, Noggin, Strawberry short cake, Veggie Tales, Hermie Videos, and above all the color PINK. :) She DOES NOT want her hair in a "bun" (like a ponytail not pulled out all the way). She now lets me put it up some. She loves to play games like matching (memory) and bingo and Hi Ho Cherry Oh. She likes school and her teacher gave her a great report at the p/t conference. She said she was so sweet and helpful in class. She said she plays with everyone. She is great in circle time. She knows all the shapes, colors and so on she is supposed to know. We need to work on her "standing up for herself." Like if a kid takes a toy from her...she shouldn't just stand there with a bewildered look on her face. She needs to learn to say, "It's my turn with this toy. But when I am done you can have it." I thought about teaching her to give a surprise left hook to the chin to the little twirp who took the toy along with that kind comment but that probably won't go well at school. Can you tell this was never an issue for me? :) I was the one who needed the left hook from the sweet kid in preschool. :) She LOVES her Daddy and loves every second she can be with him. She laughs and makes jokes. She has hair like a princess with NO effort...I am so jealous. She loves to be outside and run around. She still has her blanket (or "blank" as she often calls it) and still sucks the first 2 fingers on her right hand. :)
-
Anyway... all that to say I am just so proud of her. I am so thankful that I am her mama. Her sweet spirit and sensitivity for others teaches me the way I should be. Funny how that works out. I love her laugh and how she includes everyone. She is one of my most favorite blessings. :) I could not be happier to be living my dream and staying at home with her and Isaac.

btw...here is her room....art by aunt julie, papa, jeje and mama....


10 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Love the marriage conversation! So wonderful that you are recording all of this and treasuring these things in your heart!

Brittany said...

I loved every second of that post! Children are such a blessing and it's neat to know that you are their parents for a reason. God has put them in your life because he knows that you can raise them in his name! What a big job, but also a rewarding job! Daisy and Isaac are blessed to have such wonderful parents!!!

emily said...

i loved all the daisy funnies... but my favorite is riding shamu w/ God and Jesus. that is definitely one for the books. her room is so sweet. great job on the artwork. how wonderful to have that verse above her bed! i can tell she is so much fun. thanks for sharing!

sonyagraykey said...

OH MEL! I miss her so much! (Is that crazy that I miss you AND your kid that I knew so well?) OH, and I just figured out why we have had the same "problem" with L-town & pre-school...he & Dais must have developed the "chill" together & needed virtually no self-defense when hanging out. (Hey, they even had their "love toilet" & pooed together at the Y...if that's not close...oh, and then there was the sippy sharing, L. feeding her puffs...) Thanks for letting us in on all her Daisy-isms. I love 'em. Please, please hug her from us! (BTW, I told B. about Eric n Dais...L. listened closely...I think he's jealous! :)

blessdtwice said...

Mel- Wonderful post! and I love the room! So excited for you and Daisy to be able to create and color your own space.

I may be sending some dress-up clothes your way, if you want them...Cass doesn't dress up much anymore (to my sadness!!)

Anonymous said...

Uncle David says "perhaps"... a lot. (Picture his two fingers on his mouth making a suggestion to a one year old like, "Perhaps, you would like to play with this fun blue spinnie toy instead of that outlet over there???") So far this tactic has not worked on any child we know:)

Eryn

Cheri said...

I loved this post, Melanie! She is a treasure, isn't she? I feel the same way about my Claire~ Love her room!

Lauren said...

she is very cute! I remember when you were pregnant with her and Cristy through me and you off the waverunner...
Glad she turned out just fine :)

Baby Hayden's Blog said...

What a sweet girl. She's so funny. I love her room!

rachel said...

Love the room and love this post! Thanks for sharing :)