Tuesday, December 16

the girl who cried "Mary"

SO...funny story....
-
-
Tonight was Daisy's Christmas program at school. There was a rehearsal yesterday that we had to attend. I dropped Daisy off and went back to pick her up. That evening at dinner I asked Daisy about the program. One of the moms who stayed at the rehearsal told me that Daisy had a small speaking part. That was the first I had heard about that. SO...I ask Dais. "Well mom, I am the mama and there is a Daddy and a baby. I take care of the baby." What? "I also speak in the microphage (microphone) and I say 'Adam and Eve left the garden that very day.' " Hmmmm...ok she is describing MARY but that line does NOT match up. And why has no one (teachers) told me she was Mary?
-
-
SO we get there tonight. Daisy sings her heart out. We kept waiting for her part. Eventually a "Mary" emerged...and it was not Daisy. And we even heard the line that she quoted us 3 times before the program at random times. Still nada for Daisy. Then Daisy and her teacher, Mrs. Rachdan, make their way up to the stage and Daisy repeats some lines about the angels watching over them. She did such a good job.
-
-
The scoop after the show? Daisy filled in for the little girl we all saw exit about 5 mins into the show. The little girl was sick with a fever/double ear infection and was so over being at her program (can't blame her!). So the teacher asked Daisy to fill in for her.
-
So all that info before? Bunk. But Daisy did squeak out a speaking part!
-
That is the story of the little girl who cried "Mary."
-
-
Few thoughts in closing:
-
--Dan commented as we walked into the auditorium, "I can't believe we are at this stage in our life already." It was true. It was a full house of proud parents armed with cameras and camcorders. Entire families were in tow, many of which were wrestling siblings. And there we were. We weren't the aunt or uncle or family friend. We were the PARENTS. (And I was busting out all my gear to appropriately document the event since my child was the cutest one there!!! :) ):) How surreal.
-
--The place was a mad house. People were standing up, waving, walking, talking and so on. There was so much leaning and neck craining and sitting up straight to see than I have ever seen! Never saw that enthusiasm in church! HA! We were on the back row and suddenly we were on the "FRONT" since all eyes were on us when the kids all entered from the back. I bet was filmed by atleast 20 cameras as the kids walked in. Yes! Hollywood here I come! :) Siblings were melting down (including Isaac....it was 7:30 pm). And my personal fav was the grandpa who cared nothing about anything else but getting great pics of his grandson. He would just stand up in the middle of the crowd to take pics, walk up the front to take pics, blocking people and cameras ALL OVER THE PLACE...didn't care. It was amazing. One lady filmed his backside multiple times. Daisy was not in his grandkids class....so I wasn't too mad. But next time I am going to give him my camera! :)
-
--And the performers...so cute. There was the shy singer, the loud singer, the little girl who lifted her dress, the dancing queen, the little boy swinging his arms around and around, and lots of waving kids (waving back to their parents). I think I even saw Daisy waving back to other parents. :) But I loved the little boy who, when passing the microphone while leaving the stage turned toward it and said clearly, "CHECK."
-
btw...my pics weren't great and my video camera is not the digital kind. I will post the pics another time. I just had to share this!

2 comments:

sonyagraykey said...

I love this. The age is a funny one...when we don't really know what's going on in their minds or sometimes the truth. Fantasy is much cooler than reality, so I guess that's what we hear. I keep meaning to post more on "Rocky," now there are the tall tales! Give your babies hugs from me.

Michael and Hannah said...

Smart girl!