Tuesday, February 26
Wednesday, February 20
Columbus, GA Flat Rock Park
So, on the way back...not so fun.
Till this trip....
I hope if you decide to travel alone your experiences won't be as bad as mine. :) But now you see how desperate I was to leave town with Dan being so busy? To subject myself to the same torture with 2 kids this time? :)
Tuesday, February 19
Monday, February 18
We got a cute valentine gift from Mimimo. It was a valentine mother/daughter cooking set of aprons, oven mits and pot holders. Very cute. SO we had to make some valentine cookies! (break and bake of course)
Daisy's first dentist appointment. She did great! The office was so kid friendly. There were TVs in the celing and fun stuff everywhere. Dr Mixon was very nice too. :)
Isaac ADORES his sister. :)
A few days later there was a tornado warning...so what do you? Go outside of course! :o) Our neighbors were all out on the playground enjoying the blustery day. We joined them. And when it started to rain we all ran for cover in a breezeway and played there. :) Don't worry. It never got any worse than hard rain.
Isaac and Kai
Claudia, Kai, Paula and Isaac
Daisy took it upon herself to don her bug boots and play in the rain. I saw her go in the house and the next thing I know..she is splashing in puddles. Ugh. I always used to wonder how moms would not know what their kids had been up to and then would find them in gross/dirty or less than ideal situations. Now I know. Santiago
Daisy and Santiago
Monday, February 11
The title of this blog was the name of a support group at a local church when we lived in Birmingham. Married yet Single was targeted at those women who were married to professional students (mostly dental, medical and law students). It was lovely! I attended several meetings where we did things girls like to do (talk, talk and talk). It was great. Cause while Dan was studying for his dental school classes in the evenings...quite frankly, I was bored. We didn't have cable. Just 7 channels of the main stations. I would watch Survivor with closed captioning on...reading and watching. (Jeff: Jenn your tribe has spoken. [adventurous music]...you get the picture.) I seriously think it made me a speed reader. :) And if there was nothing on or I was tired of the Simpsons...then what? :) I am sure this had a lot to do with why Rachel Warren and I became good friends. She was a "residency widow" (term stolen from a current "residency widow", Rachel Wagner, at my church now) with her hubby in med school. So we would always come up with plans to keep ourselved entertained. It was great to have a partner.
Guess who did this?
Daisy at the library
Daisy has become quite the little dare devil-ette. She has bruises all on her legs and arms. She attempts crazy stuff on the play ground. The last time one of her "attempts" failed she was sobbing. I held her and hugged her and she pulled back and started blabbering something amid the crying. "Ma-(sob) MA! I (sob, sob) sink (sob, gasp, sniff) I did (cough, hair brush back, sob) sompin' DANGEROUUUUUUS!" (sob, wail, sob). So funny. Glad it was a self taught lesson. I hate to deliver those speeches while she is hurt.
Thursday, February 7
- Daisy has reminded me several times (accidently...not knowing I had forgotten) that I needed to punish her.
- Isaac will be fussy while I am fixing dinner. I will tell Daniel when he gets home from work, "I don't know why he is so fussy! I mean, he has been like this for 30 straight minutes. This is not like him. I hope he doesn't have an ear infection. I wonder if he is tired..." After exhausting all the possible not-so-obvious options Daniel asks as gingerly as possible, "When was the last time he ate?" My eyes get big, I slap my forehead and start running toward the poor starving baby apologizing. UGH (...this has happened more than once..please don't call the authorities).
- I almost burned my house down (see the post "where there is smoke").
- I have been driving down the road and noticed Daisy's chest strap is wonkey (crooked and just not right). Then it dawns on me I have not finished buckling her into her car seat. Once she even said, "MOM! YOU FORGOT MY SEAT BELT!" This has happened more times than I can count on 2 hands. I am just not safe! I have asked Daisy to help me remember to buckle her in!
- I seem to have problems at the bank. I attempted 3 separate times to cash some checks. First, I arrived and couldn't find my ID. I had pulled it out at the light just before I turned into the bank...but when I arrived POOF it was gone! I parked the car and searched for 10 minutes KNOWING it was in there somewhere. (Didn't find it till my 3rd attempt of looking after I got home. It was under my seat...but it was NOT there when I looked the first 100 times). Second, I didn't have Daniel sign the checks written to him (thought with a shared account it didn't matter) that I wanted to cash. Third, they were signed but since he was not in the car with me I could not cash them. (In my defense I am part of a generation that uses cards, online accounts, atms and so on! Rarely checks and hardly the real bank!)
- One more bank brain fart: I went to get the cash for the month and everything went smoothly...until I arrived at Walmart and realized I had swiped the tube carrier. It was just chillin' in the passenger seat. I imagined the lady on the speaker as I initially pulled away, "MA'AM! MRS. JONES! You have our....oh well." I had to take it back...so embarrassing!
- I have attempted to put water in a bottle with NO drop in pouch. (Meaning it is running through a tube of a bottle and spilling out the bottom).
- I was having one of those no-plans, everyone-still-in-their-pajamas, dishes-piled-high-like a-Jenga-game, house-looks-like-an earth-quake-has-shaken- everything-we-own -to-the-floor days. I was looking rough and greasy. I was in my pj's and had not showered. I was feeding Isaac and Daisy was watching TV laid out on the cough with legs propped up and hair a mess...when there was a knock at the door. "Who could that be?" I thought. It was not maintenance, they knock much louder. As I peeked through the peep hole I saw my friend Heather....THAT I HAD CALLED MONDAY TO SET UP A LUNCH APT WITH AT MY HOUSE SO WE COULD HANG OUT TODAY! I gasped and blushed before I even opened the door and glanced behind me to see what she would be greeted with...yuck. All I could do was apologize profusely. She was so kind. She had bought us lunch to eat. I quickly threw the kids down for a nap and we had a nice visit. It was SO embarrassing.
Really the list goes on and on. But you just have to laugh it off and be thankful your children are still alive! I still have "mama's eyes" going for me...I can find ANYTHING (just like my mom used to be able to do) except for my stinkin' ID at the bank. :)
Please join me in this and comment on your "Mommy Brain" moments. :) Surely I am not alone!
Tuesday, February 5
Isaac's new favorite game at 5 1/2 months is "take off my sock, drool and chew on it til mom puts it back on my foot soaking wet." It's pure entertainment for this baby. Thankfully he does not walk or this would be sick! And thankfully it has been 82 stinkin' degrees as our highs here in FL recently (is it really February???). So taking his socks off is a good idea. :)
Daisy just got some new shoes. Her "sparkly shoes" are some of her favs. She has already worn through the sparkles by crawling on the concrete with them on. They were 12 dollars at Target (...grrr Target). But that is what her "fun money" is for!
I recently had a friend Christy Holstein come thru town. She was on her way to Orlando to see family. I have not seen her in forever! I was so glad she came by to visit. She brought Daisy a birthday gift (see? no one listened to the "no gifts" thing....just kidding Critty!) of lots of fun Mardi Gras dress up stuff. And Isaac got a cute singing Leap Frog. We also got a King Cake to celebrate along with all of LA this week. :) Thanks "Critty!"
I had to post this pic of our preacher, Eric Brown, feeding Isaac a bottle! This is ministry at its finest!! Not only can he feed a baby, but I am telling you...this man can preach. And on top of that he is a great friend. He has helped me on several occasions. Not only the time when he came and got me and Daisy @ Publix when I locked my keys in my car AFTER having bought a huge cart full of groceries... (Dan was taking boards) but he also helps by cleaning up the toys in my den after the kids have gone to bed! He knows my friendship love language is "helping." Hahaha...just kidding.
And we got to hang out with Micah, Amy and Nicolae Johnson Monday night for dinner. We met them at Cici's. (Once we got mobile we really went for it didn't we?) I just realized we didn't get a great pic of Nicolae looking toward the camera. But trust me ya'll...he is adorable. :)
Daisy getting the full frontal face hug from "Alaburba". Glad it was short! We mighta lost her from lack of oxygen! (Looks like the other girl is having a moment with Alberta!)