Friday, February 13

Happy Valentines!




Hey everyone! Happy Valentines! Although this is just a holiday pumped up for consumerism I do enjoy the reminder of showing love to those I love. I also love sharing this fun holiday with my kids.
-
I had to miss Daisy's Valentine Party at school due to ANOTHER stinkin' dental appt. Her teacher told me she got sad at school (even though I had told her I was not coming, we chatted about it...she seemed over it.). But missing one out of the 5 parties ain't too bad. :)
-
Another part I LOVE about Valentines Day is CONVERSATION HEARTS. Man those things are so good. I have had to take break on eating those like crazy...I am little gun shy with sugar since my 2 recent root canals. I used to play a game when I was younger with them..."Does Dan like me?.... It's love!" Other possible answers were: Hot stuff!, All mine, Be Mine, Dear one, smiley face, melt my heart, go girl, my girl, only you, sweet talk, love you, cutie pie, email me. I mean you really can't go wrong...cause they are mostly good answers. :) The one that always threw a wrench in the game was "fax me." Really? Fax me? was that ever a thing?? Have you ever heard,"Yea, there is a girl I like, I faxed her...but I haven't heard back..." NO.


Here are some fun Valentine pics from our house...





above: Daisy made this one at school...
Daisy worked hard on this valentine for me with Mimimo while I was in Arizona. I LOVE IT.
above: Daisy's paper from Church on Sunday.
above: this one is from my cousin, Joel's, little girls...Isabel and Gracie. SO CUTE.

We make valentine cookies (break n bake..it's the only way we do it) each year with our matching valentine aprons and oven mits. :) Daisy LOVES the dough. I mean she was shoving it down yesterday! Hilarious.


love her ponytail...i want one just like it....

Isaac loves his big bowl...it's so funny he can fit his 31 lb self into it! (nice outfit btw...it was the witching hours of the day (3-6 pm) when anything post nap GOES.)


Aunt Julie sent them this card...



and when you open it up it's the sounds of smooching and laughing and the kids LOVE IT. I hear it all day long in an Isaac remix as he opens and closes it on his own whim. :) We got lots of sweet Valentines cards and gifts! THANK YOU EVERYONE!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ya know how you left me that comment the other day about when you read my blog, it's like reading something you'd say...well, ditto on this post! we LOVE those talking cards, we definitely have "witching hours" at our house..(sometimes goes for me too) and Jackson and I love to bake together. Wish we lived closer...

Michael and Hannah said...

I want a ponytail just like that too!

Anna said...

Wow... I am so behind the eight ball on keeping up with you guys! We went for almost two weeks with no internet here at the townhouse. Anyway, talk about updates with the Joneses! Isaac's sweet little tongue... the allnighter at the pre-school--that is hilarious (now that it's over)! I am so sorry the night ended up being so rough on the entire fam... that is so frustrating. Sometimes, it feels like you pay tripple the price when you take "time away" :)
So what was up with Dais?... It seems like she has had a rough go at it with stomach issues lately... poor little thing.
The valentine pics are absolutely adorable. It looks like Martha Stewart Kids' "how to have a happy Valentine's Day with your kids" or something. Love ya!

Jeris and Holly said...

I want a pony tail just like Daisy's too! Sadly, I find myself coveting many pony tails I see every day.