Wednesday, March 25

a bit of bad news...

Hello all my friends and family...we have a little bit of bad news. We have not escaped the wrath of this terrible economy. Daniel found out recently that he will not have a job as of June 1st. We are shocked and sad. I have loved Orlando and our situation here. We are nervous about finding something else with no one retiring right now and no one hiring. Now is just not the best time to find a job! :) But we know that God will provide. He has surrounded us with loving friends and family to support us. Daniel and I realize that we are so blessed in so many ways that have nothing at all to do with money. We trust that God is with us and has a plan for our lives. Don't mistake me to say that we are great thru all this...no. This is a hard time for us. This royally STINKS. I have been thru lots of emotions! :) Thankfully so far this crisis has made my marriage stonger, as we have had to take turns supporting each other and together try to figure out what in the WIDE WORLD we are going to do now. :) It's still a stressful time. But no matter what, God is with us. He does not change or fire us...he is holding us no matter what (Natalie Grant's song Held has helped...even though I know the terrible things in that song are much worse than what we are going thru).
-
Daniel is calling all over this great nation to see what options we have. He has talked to people all over that talked of opportunities in Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Arizona, California, ...and the list goes on. :) So who knows where we will be! Your city next?? :) maybe an orthodontic tour of sorts?? :)
-
Just wanted to let you all know what is going on with us...
-
We would love your prayers thru all of this.



21 comments:

Tesney said...

Oh man Melanie...that stinks! I'm sorry that you guys are having to go through this but you have a great attitude about it. God will provide. I can say that with confidence and not just as a cliche; he did for us when Greg decided to quit youth ministry with no job prospects. We were out his paycheck for about 4 months but we never wanted for a thing. It was really amazing. We will be praying!!!

The Bowers Family said...

Mel,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. That does stink really really bad. Please know that we will be praying for you.

Love and prayers,
Kim Bowers and family

blessdtwice said...

Mel- Will definitely be praying! Having been through a similar situation (when I was preggo with cass) I can empathize....I will be praying for the best possible solution!

Love yall!

ashley said...

i will be praying for y'all. my dad also lost his job. not trying to compare, just hits close to home so i will be lifting you up. if i hear anything i'll let you know!

torinem said...

Mel,
So sorry to hear you all are having to deal with this! We will be keeping you in our prayers!

Courtney said...

I know its rough..my parents are close to jumping in the same boat..will be thinking of you guys! I know its hard to find peace right now, but I will be praying that you find that even though it dont make sense! :)

Brittany said...

Mel,
I am so sorry to hear the news! You are doing a great job of keeping your head up! Just remember that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't know why at the time. God probably has a better plan for you and your family. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers! Love you!!!!

Jared and Rachel said...

I will defenently be in prayer for your family! Rach

Jesse Faris said...

Oh, sad news. I know that must be so disappointing as you've just really settled in. I'll be praying for you guys! (And is it wrong if I pray that you move and join us in the Land of Dentists, um, I mean Memphis?) ;)

Burless Family said...

You are in my prayers Mel! Ugh, this just stinks! I'm so sorry. I know it's selfish, but I REALLY hope another opportunity rises in Orlando...I want to keep you here. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Keep us posted.

Jessica said...

Mel:
I'm so sorry for you guys. But you are SO right about how God will take care of you and your family! We have been there too and it helps when you have God to rely on. I will keep you guys in my prayers and know that everything will work out. That invitation still stands if you wanna come visit south Louisiana! Just don't go getting pregnant right now...THAT would really stress you out! ha! Love you! Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you guys :)f

Baby Hayden's Blog said...

Mel and Dan: You guys always put God first, he will provide. We will be praying for you and the kids.

Cristy said...

Melanie- we definitely know somewhat of what you are going through and i will DEFINITELY be praying for you! I hear Birmingham Alabama is a WONDERFUL place to live...even better the second time! ;)

danielle said...

I'm praying for you guys mel... and hoping God will lead you here. It is purely selfish that i say that. I want my sister to have a great friend near by with kids the same age so that she has someone who gets it near her. But praying more so that He puts you where you are needed

Kristy Currier said...

Mel - I'm so sorry to hear the news! We will be praying for you!
Kristy Currier and fam

Lark said...

So sorry to hear about this Mel! What a bummer! We'll be praying he finds a good opportunity soon.

Sarah said...

okay, i am going to contact everyone i know in nashville who might be able to help. i hope to talk to you soon! this all will be in my prayers. you can always move to nashville and live part time with us, your sis and dan's bro! how fun would that be!!!

Bellamarin said...

Mel,

So sorry this is happening. We will be praying for you guys as well. Mike lost his night job so now he is also looking as well as I am trying to find some work to go back to also.. chin up God will provide!

The Comptons

Sarah said...

Mel,

I was so shocked when I heard about this last Sunday. We have been praying for you and the family. You can come bunk with us in Tanglewood - I know Daisy would love it! ;)

Who knows what wonderful surprises God has in store for Daniel. He must have something even better in mind than what you had in Orlando.

Jeris and Holly said...

Oh Mel,
I am so sorry. I will definitely be praying.
Holly

Sandi said...

Melanie, I'm so sorry to hear this -- will be praying for you guys.