Friday, August 7

Chuck E Cheese gets Mowed for free








We went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate Isaac's bday while Buddy and Maurine were here. We really went cause Daisy was begging to go. But we wanted to celebrate...and what better place for a kids bday party. :) We ate pizza, brought our own cake from home and did a few gifts.

His cake was done that afternoon after our busy day at Silver Springs. We used his cars to decorate and some M & M's I had to spell out "Isaac is 2." Isaac liked the cars at first. But then was quite put out that they had icing in their wheels (just a little...we used a plate cut out to put them on). The boy does not like his cars messed up! He doesn't even want them wet in the bath!) We gave him a few little things. And then Buddy and Maurine gave him a push lawnmower....at that moment I think the entire loud obnoxious scene at Chuck E Cheese completely disappeared from Isaac's sight. He did nothing but mow. He took off the second he saw it weaving in and out of games and kids. It was hilarious. Needless to say, the lawn mower was a hit.

(The next morning Isaac escapes safely from his crib ...yes we are THERE now, BUMMER....and I wake to his door closing. Then I hear a little pitter patter of feet on our tile. Then I hear the little lawn mower. And I keep listening as the noise gets closer and closer to our door. :) I am cracking up at this point. The mower nails our slightly cracked door and busting thru is sleepy eyed Isaac hard at work mowing the floor. He makes his way in, uses his precious little chubby arm to close the door. And then proceeds to my bedside. "Hi Mama." I was laughin out loud.)




The "small things" we gave him were Cars cars. We got him Mater (that I had to get on Ebay!) and Doc. The real challenge was watching those things like a hawk! He would place them on top of the mower and stroll them around. If any of you have ever had a child love small items such as cars then you understand. I spend a good chunk of my day seeking a specific 3 inch item that my toddler could have placed ANYWHERE while he is screaming "KEEN!" or "SAH-EEE (sally)!". Exhausting. Why doesn't he love boulders or elephants (one day he will...roll tide)? I was watching him once at CEC and looked away for sec and heard him saying "MA-ER! Ma-ER!" (Mater). He had dropped him down in a GAME...in a huge hole that went all the way to the floor. I found myself shoulder deep in Track Challenge 2000 looking for Mater.... rummaging thru who-knows-what-else kids had dropped in this hole. UGH. All for the sake of sweet Isaac. :)


































8 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

I laughed out loud at the image of Isaac escaping his crib to mow the hallway! Too funny. Happy Birthday Isaac!

Percy Bisque Silley said...

So sweet - reminds me of my own young days at the Cheese, which to this day I celebrate in song.

Tesney said...

why is Mater so stinkin' hard to find?!? Is he discontinued or something? I have been looking FOREVER.

sonyagraykey said...

Oh Mel, I can't believe that fella is two! Happy B'day, sweet boy! And...isn't it a good thing he's "telling you" he's ready for a big boy bed...someone else will need that crib soon! ;) Love to y'all!

Jamie R. said...

Send him my way- my floor could use a good mowing. :)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Isaac! I cannot believe he is 2! Where has the time gone? Looks like a fun birthday. Asher still loves his mower (we had to move it to an "outside" toy for the sanity of our ears.).

Lark said...

I feel your pain, we can't find McQueen (one of them at least) or Doc Hudson. Last time we saw McQueen was when they were playing in the backyard :(
Hopefully Doc is still at my parents house.

Anna said...

I so hear ya on the search for small things... Don't mean to discourage you, but I still do that w/my four and six yr old! In fact, try looking for tiny lego pieces.... or playmobile! I gotta say, Cars was one of the best Disney investments we have seen hit the market in a while. Go pixar!