Thursday, August 27

FAB NEWS for Bloggers!!!


Have I got some great news for you all! This is especially fab for those of you who blog to keep memories. I have made 2 other blog books thru Blurb.com. I liked those. But they took me MONTHS to complete. So since having 2 kids I had started on my third blog book...but it slows down my computer, was taking LOTS of time and I just couldn't seem to find that time. I resigned myself to praying for a better way! I told Daniel a bazillion times I just want someone to take my blog and print it out...just as it is. No page arranging, no pic upload...just print it." We live in a world basically run by technology. I just kept thinking, "COME ON SOMEONE COMPUTER SAVVY! COME UP WITH A BETTER (EASIER) WAY FOR ME!"

Well, someone did! I just decided to Google "blog book" one random day. This was the first site I clicked on. It's call Blog2print. It asked for my blog address....so I put it in. I had to scale down some of it (only by selecting dates) since they can only upload so many pics (and I have tons on my blog). So I did one year from where my last book ended (from Isaac's birth to his first bday). And in a matter of minutes I had a whole book on my screen to review/edit to my liking...including: a cute cover I chose, table of contents (of each post!), each post in order just as I wrote it, all the pics (I will admit they are not all exactly where I put them but very close), and...get this...all the comments too!!! SHUT UP!!! PERFECT!!!

I chose a hard cover with a cute tree print. And when I got it in the mail I was freaking out cause it was so easy and EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED. The whole online process took me 15 mins. I didn't linger and make many changes. I just basically printed it. The pic quality was great and I feel like THIS is what a blog book is supposed to look like!

NOW, having said that....I paid a pretty penny. I did choose hard cover, costing more. BUT to me these are my precious memories and pics IN MY HANDS!! No lie, if my house catches fire I will grab my family and then this book. :) It was $122. DON'T FREAK OUT...it saved me ALL THOSE HOURS of work on the computer, the frustration of watching my computer freeze, and was the exact form I was wanting. The other books I made were at least $65 each and took much more effort. The smaller pics on the blurb books were ok, kinda dark and not clear (to fix that, you can upload replacement pics of larger size...but again...takes LOTS of time!). Not the case with this book.

I couldn't be happier with it. I can't wait to make another one for the last year that I need to catch up on. This also really alleviates the "pressure" to scrapbook every event...which obviously is not happening. :) But now I know it's all somewhere and so is the story that accompanies them. Now I can scrapbook things I want to and enjoy it, feeling no pressure to slap stuff in there and git-er-dun. :) There are a couple things I could have tweeked on this book...but didn't. I was even contemplating getting extra copies for each child so they could have their own "textbook" of what life was like day to day when they were little. :)

Enough chat...here is it. You'd think I'd take time to really "woo" you with good pics. Sorry they are blurry. These days you gotta take what you can get. :)




Look how thick this thing is! Awesome! Hope you all love your blog books as much as I do! :)

15 comments:

Whitney said...

Melanie, you are the only person I know who has experimented with the blog book. Thanks so much for finding this new site! I can't wait to turn my blog into a book (with many volumes, I'm sure)!!!

Jessica said...

Wow! I love it! I'm going to start saving my allowance so I can begin my blog book series. That's so great! I have to admit, my scrapbooking days are few and far between too. Who has the time? Thanks for sharing and I hope to have one of these in my hands soon enough too! Hope you're feeling well.

Tesney said...

Niiiiice. I will use it. Eventually.

April said...

That totally ROCKS!! Thanks for sharing it with your fellow bloggers.

Brittany said...

I want to kiss your face right about now!!! I have been in the process of making my blog into a book on freakin blurb.com and I was about to shoot myself. Then I get on and read your blog today and look what I find...an easier way!!! I love you for posting this!!!!!!!! **kiss kiss**

Dallas said...

I will be bookmarking that site! thank you so much!

Mike & Leanne said...

AWESOME!!! I have been wanting to do this for some time now but kept hearing from everyone how long it took. Thanks so much for finding this new site, I will definitely be trying it out soon.

Courtney said...

Um, I just clicked on your link and yes...10 minutes and aside from some editing that I would like to do ...done. Seriously. Awesome ...$136 bucks to do mine a bit over a years worth, with a hard cover. Really, after having worked on blurb, the time that would go into doing that, also the supplies and time and effort it owuld take to make a scrapbook that would remind me of all those fun little details ..worth. it. I am in...Adawg, CHRISTMAS PRESENT ..ding ding ding!

the haydens said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! I will definitely use it in the future! (btw, thank you so much for the thoughtful card, we got it today :) )

Sandi said...

Cool!! Can't wait to try it one day!

Lark said...

Sweet! Looks great, $122 isn't that bad for a customized book that size. Time is money sweetie, and you just saved yourself hours. When you are ready to do some digital scrapbooking you know who to call ;o)

Lauren Borquez said...

I absolutely cant wait to print my blog..I fto found this website about 4 months ago and have been waiting to print my blog after my little ones first birthday. I feel you on the answered prayers!

The Lucas Gang said...

I found your blog through the Blog2Print website, and am reassured that the book will turn out good. I too was sick of blurb, and have been looking for another solution! Thanks for the pictures~!

mamacooker said...

I just found this and I am so excited! I just started my blog and was thinking I would really like to print it out for my mom. It's a blog/tribute to motherhood and I'm using our family heritage pictures as inspiration. I can't wait to get enough to make my first book. Thanks for posting this wonderful info!

Ami said...

I found that same website about two weeks ago and also just finished printing my first "Volume" of my triplets life! I felt like I could've written your post word for word, because you are exactly right, it was SO easy!! Glad you're spreading the word!

Ami
www.bunchbabies.blogspot.com