Monday, October 5

busted

ok, little background...

Dan just recently got the cheapest ping-pong table you can get at Sports Authority. He is going to use it for business. Now, before you scoff. Consider who I am talking about. Daniel Jones. The NEVER go-with-the-flow, do things different kinda man. I love it about him (admittedly I do sometimes say, "why can't we just do it the normal way?"...but it has made me more adventurous. :)). And in this case...he is going to be the Orthodontist who will play anyone who wants a discount on braces in ping-pong on 2 separate occasions this month. He will be in our local mall twice this month. Great and different marketing idea, huh? Everyone who hears about it says, "Oh, I am really good. I am sure I can beat him." They don't know Daniel Jones. :) Now, I ain't gonna lie. The man is UH-mazing at ping-pong. Think Forrest Gump. No, not that nuts. But he won 2 championships at Univ of FL (and all we got was a free DVD...sheesh!), he has his own paddle, and not many can boast of beating him. :) He doesn't have plans of embarrassing the sweet 11 year old whose mom MADE him play for the possibility of saved cash (hey, times are hard) but he won't let them win...I hope (hey, times are hard!). :)

Ok, just a little more background...we have GREAT neighbors. We live on a loop and it has lots of families with kids. We are all just chillin' in the evenings together in the middle of the road, especially now that it's nice and "cooler" out. We don't get lots of traffic since we are in the middle and everyone either goes one way or the other to their respective homes. It's awesome. SO, you can imagine the excitement that the new ping-pong table brought to the street. We were actually amazed. It's a universal love, I guess. :) They have all been playing and enjoying it.

WHICH leads me to this....

The ping-pong table is set up in our garage...lengthwise, so not to be chasing balls down our sloped driveway. It has been left there for casual play and good times. However, as a mom of 2 and one on the way I am loving me some short cut/conveniences. And having a garage with a door leading directly inside is one of them. The shorter the distance that I have to herd Isaac in to the house, the better. Dan doesn't mind us both parking at the bottom of the driveway and walking up the... granted...short hill thru the garage and on inside. He has a point. And I am lazy. Ok, settled that. But still. I want my garage. After 7 years SANS garage I appreciate this compartment of my home (esp now that it holds my little Honda and the rest is storage for us...sorry Dan. Like I said, he is not lazy and doesn't care) for LOTS of reasons. Anywho...I mentioned I didn't like the walk in and preferred the garage. But the table stayed. I don' t think out of spite (this time..ha!) but regardless...it stayed. :)

So today it rains. UGH. More reason to want my parking spot back. I said a few things to myself when we would pull back in the driveway from errands and raise the garage to see the dry as a bone ping-pong table waving at me...mocking me.

Tonight, we had gone out to Loving Care Preschool for the kids open house. When we pulled into our drive way at home...it was still kinda raining. I was THINKING..."ugh, the ping-pong table." but said NOTHING.

And then I hear a little voice from the backseat say, "Dad, if you would move that STUPID ping-pong table I think mom would LOVE it." I was SO busted and guess that I didn't make those comments as under my breath as I thought! I busted out laughing, pretty hard. Dan got out IN THE RAIN and went thru the shananigans of folding it up (what a sweet husband!). I kept laughing. I am laughing now as I type this.

Whew...I love that Daisy Jones.

6 comments:

Cristy said...

HA! Oh she is just like her momma! Hilarious, I laughed out loud as well haha

Michael and Hannah said...

Hilarious... I gotta get me one of those Daisy Jones.

ashley said...

ha - i literally laughed LOUDLY when i read that. can i borrow her sometime to "accidentally repeat" those under the breath mutterings to my hubbie??? love it!

Sarah said...

Kind of nice when you want to be nonconfrontational but still get your point across. :) I may need to start training Asher....he is becoimg quite the parrot. Reminds me often of how as parents we are being watched and heard every second of their waking hours! kind of scarey.

Brooke said...

That is hilarious! Loved catching up with what's going on with ya'll.

Sarah said...

I am sure that I would have felt the same way about the ping pong table. I already feel that way about rock band instruments in the living room and such... A garage and laundry room are a couple of things that I will feel very "Woooo Hoooo" excited about for along time once we finally get settled. Can't wait - and glad you have them! I hear you about getting pretty tired of schlepping the kids in from the car - especially to an upstairs apartment!