Friday, May 18

Daisy's fieldtrip to the Tampa Aquarium

Daisy's school plans a VERY FUN field trip to the Tampa Aquarium with the first grade.  They allowed MANY chaperones to go on this trip (YAY...cause you know my history of breaking a literal SWEAT to turn in a form to make it on a previous field trip).  This was even more fun because I was not one chaperone in charge of 6 kids...it was just me and Dais!  We had so much fun being together and hanging with her friends and their mamas.



Mama's on the bus.  (Becky, Kristie, Patricia, and Me)
When we first walked in...there were penguins waiting for us!





Sting ray petting pool


Emma Joyner at the aquarium





Daisy and Emma at the Jellyfish
Daisy took my camera and took TONS of pics.  She was a little me.  Also I was almost, dare I say "thrilled" (literally I get excited thinking about it!!) to see what great pics my camera AND iPhone were taking in such low lighting.  I know. I am a nerd.  But I've been waiting for years for my camera to take pics of what I see...the way I see them!
These little dudes were like 3 inches long...and seriously ELECTRIC.  Can you see it?  So neat.
This room was really cool.  This diver was mic-ed (sp?) and talking about the fish.  The guy behind her was wielding a stick...to protect her from the sharks!  But who was protecting him????
I mean I wouldn't wanna be the "protector" with this dude loose in the tank...
Ok, I am not sure what crazy thing happened with my flash but it looks like I photoshopped Daisy and Emma in!  I totally didn't.  Sorry Gorman boys. :(  The girls are really that tall.




Becky with Ryan and Jack.  I keep telling myself I can tell the difference between them even if Jack has his glasses off.  I have passed the test several times...but still fail on occasion.  I WILL figure this out and know these Gorman boys apart!
Ok, this owl was HILARIOUS!  Look at his face.  I think he was  mad I was taking his pic!  This could be one of those "fill in the caption" photos.  It would be so funny.  We were saying he was like, "Why you all up in my bidness Melanie Jones?  I thought I tolllll you not to take my pick-cha!"  HA!  






Daisy, please don't drop Mama's beloved camera into the pool.  Thanks.
Silly Daisy in the gift shop afterwards.  This girl is all about shopping...this was one of her main concerns before we even left Ocala...THE GIFT SHOP.  Will I get a toy?  How much money?  


Hey Daisy? Why don't you just focus on the animals and the fun of field trip, especially with your Mama going? ...CAUSE IT AIN'T ABOUT US DRIVING TWO HOURS TO TAMPA FOR A CHEAP STUFFED DOLPHIN? Kay?....
She was a sweet girl about it when we had that little chat the day before we went. She cried and then didn't mention it again the entire day at the aquarium.  We may or may not have gotten her a very small, inexpensive stuffed turtle.  :)  (in her defense...to each child it was suggested to BRING $20 for the gift shop...really???  We paid $45 each JUST TO GO!)




I had a FABULOUS time with sweet Daisy Jones.  I love this little Daisy.  I am so glad she is MINE! :)

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Special day!

Mendy Spivey said...

You are a good mom Mel!! I love your blog. I love your humor.