Saturday, June 30

Nashvegas: more zoo and more fun :)

 My dad has bird central in his backyard.  Thankfully for Colbs they are not the loud kind. :)  He has maybe 5 feeders around and I am pretty sure the few birds in his yard, flew far and wide and told all their friends about this sanctuary.  If you feed them, they will come.  And they have!  There are many different kinds too.  Dad has a book you can look up what kind of birds they are.  Isaac's fav was the Carolina chickadee (who seems lost if you ask me).  It was neat to watch the birds each day.  In the pic below Daisy and Isaac had put birdseed on the ac unit and were waiting in hiding, very still, to see if birds would come eat it.
 This, my friends, is Grandkid heaven.  A cereal smorgasbord, a waitress and cartoons.  What else could they possibly want first thing in the morning??
 And this is Jeje Heaven. :)
 Here's the Birthday girl.  It was such a fun treat to be there for Emery's birthday!!!
 me and jules




 One morning we had a big breakfast--biscuits, eggs, bacon...YUM.  I slept late (thanks Mom and Dad!!) and woke up to these smells!  YUM-ER.  Nanny and Granddaddy came up while we were there.  Loved having them there and being with them. :)



 more zoo...
 The College Roomies again...the short and tall side of 2. :)

 This is random...but below is school art of Daisy's she brought home.  We left town as soon as I picked her up from the last day of school.  So it was with us the whole trip.  She has informed me multiple times that Van Gogh is NOT pronounced Van "Go" but Van "Goff"...ok, got it, whatever...and yes I will Google that later... :)
 This was an amazingly yummy pasta salad with chicken in it.  Julie made a vat of it the first day we arrived and I ate it pretty much every day!  It is her mother-in-law, Staci Jones, recipe.  THANK YOU STACI!

And thank you Staci and Allen for hours of water fun with this present to Emery. :)
 Below is a photo of an Alabama koozie (sp?)...way to go Dad. :)
 Bo, what a sweet laid back doggie. :)  
"But seriously, giddy up," said Colbie and Em.
 Granddaddy Coker
 Nanny got Isaac a bat and ball.  AND played with him!  Look at her contact with the ball!!  She even played a little outfield.  Nanny, you are amazing. :)  She also got him a harmonica. For that week all we heard was the inhale and exhale sounds of toddlers with harmonicas.  When I brought it home I woke up one morning to "Oh Susanna" being played...of course Daniel can play the harmonica.  SHEESH.  

 Yes I did.  It was great.
 Me, Colbs and Nan
 Dad laughing at Daisy
 And Daisy laughing at Daisy...one of my favorite things about her. :)
 E. Claire fresh off a nap before her birthday party.








 Blake, Jules and Emery




 Happy Second Birthday E. Money!!! :)



No comments: