Friday, June 29

NashVegas! Travel, Arrival and the Zoo


Well, friends.  We did it.  We drove to Nashville!  Yes.  I know.  I can't either!  :)  But to be clear and fair...I must say I did cheat.  I split the trip by spending the night in Atlanta with Scottie and Kristy.  We had SO MUCH FUN there!  They live in a neighborhood that has tons of kids and Scott, being the ultimate kid, has fit right in.  We played outside at their house til 9 pm. The neighbors are so fun and welcoming.  We looked forward to the trip home!! Dad came down from Nashville that night too.  He left moms car and rode with me and the kids to Nashville the next day.  So I had help on the second leg of the trip. :)  Thanks Dad!  If my tens of readers don't already know, my parents bend over backwards to help me travel with my kids.  They are the best!!!!


We enjoyed the Tennessee country side as we drove.
Don't worry, I asked Dad to take these pics. :)




 When we got there we played in the backyard and had lunch.  The weather this week was an absolute freak of nature!!  It was highs in the 70's!  It was fantastic!!


Cousins. :)
 Emery (2...well days shy of 2...), Colbie (2), Daisy (7) and Isaac (4)

 College Roomies. ;)  Ebony and Ivory.
 Catching lightning bugs with Jeeg!  (note Colbie's silly face...classic.)
 The porch where A LOT of our time was spent. :)
 Nashville Zoo was 4 mins from my parents house.  And it was a really great zoo.  I was impressed.  Also, it was super shaded which made it even more enjoyable.  We met Sarah Dennis Wilson and her boys there.


 Colbs has a thing about loud noises...not sure the reason for that.  
But the birds were apparently too loud for her. :)
 Isn't my sister pretty?  
 Colbs had a hard time believing the birds were gone even though we walked thru hanging chains and doors to get out of the bird area.  So, just in case, she kept things covered even while looking at the red river hogs (or something like that).  Silly girl.
 E. Claire and the giraffe!

 Oh Sarah D.  You're the best.  So happy I got to see you!
 And the coin spinning money collector wins over the giraffes.  
Sorry guys.  I can just see the giraffe rolling their eyes like, really Zoo people?  Did you have to put that thing RIGHT THERE in front of our fence??
 (I am sure they are used to it by now. :)
 Sweet Asher!


Ok so this was the prairie dog area.  See that clear thing?  Daisy is in it checking out the PDs.  You can go and see the PDs up close and personal in their environment.  Well, then all the kids wanted to go.




And soon they became the exhibit.  




Check out this fun playground!!  It was our last stop.  Sarah says she comes to the Zoo with the boys just for this sometimes.  I would too!
 And check out this shaded toddler area.  HEAVEN.  And GENIUS!








No comments: